King Garden Buffet E. coli Outbreak LawsuitsThe Wayne County Health Department (WCHD) announced it was investigating the outbreak of four confirmed cases of E. coli O157:H7 thought to be connected to the King Garden Buffet restaurant in Wooster, Ohio, in September 2003.
WCHD reported 11 culture-confirmed and two probable cases of E. coli O157:H7, and determined the outbreak had been caused by consumption of food at the King Garden restaurant. Jell-O contaminated with E. coli O157:H7 was determined to be the vehicle of transmission. An environmental inspection of the restaurant revealed many problems, including “raw meat stored above the Jell-O in the refrigerator.”
Marler Clark represented five children who became ill with E. coli O157:H7 and one child who subsequently developed Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS) after eating at King Garden Buffet in E. coli lawsuits. The cases were resolved in July, 2004.
You can read more about the King Garden Buffet E. coli outbreak on the Marler Clark-sponsored site about E. coli.