Big Fresno Fair E.coli Outbreak Lawsuits
Six children who visited the petting zoo at the 2005 Big Fresno Fair came home with much more than they bargained for: E. coli infections. At least six children were infected with E. coli O157:H7; the worst case was a then two-year-old Angela Malos, who was hospitalized with hemolytic uremic syndrome, or HUS. Her kidneys failed and she had a series of strokes which left her with damaged kidneys, blindness in one eye, and difficulty walking. Her case was resolved in 2010 for $2.2 million. Her settlement will go toward her long-term health needs. She was represented by Marler Clark and California attorney Warren Paboojian.